Friday, February 27, 2009

Coward

"First, we're a nation of whiners; now, we're a nation of cowards. He went on to say "Though race-related issues continue to occupy a significant portion of our political discussion, and though there remain many unresolved racial issues in this nation, we, average Americans, simply do not talk enough with each other about things racial."

The coward comment comes from none other than President Obama's newly minted attorney general, Eric Holder.


The remarks were part of a speech Holder delivered for Black History Month. Yet, even in that context, the words came across as arrogant, condescending and not at all becoming a statesman. (Quoted from By Tara Wall CNN Contributor)

A quick look at Mr. Holder's entry on Wikipedia shows that the Attorney General and I have at least (1) thing in common. We both have (3) children. I must say I found his comment insulting, to say the least. His marital status indicates he's married so I'm assuming never been a single father (doesn't indicate any divorce). How dare he call me a coward? I raised (3) kids largely on my own for about 8 years. Not only did I do that I didn't teach them to hate. I did not teach them to speak out in insulting and cruel ways.

I understand that Mr. Holder is an important man but why must I be put down for one of the few things I feel I was doing God's work? I would never speak publicly about him in an insulting or ignorant way why me he?

President Obama,

I find the comments for your Attorney General as offensive as a racial slur. Please be the leader you have promised you will be and either take this man to the "wood shed" or "show him the door". You promised a new way of governing, I trust that doesn't mean that because I'm a middle aged white guy that I'm the new punching bag.

Looking for hope,

Randy
Single Father of (3) great kids

2 comments:

Desomniac said...

I don't understand this. Did you forget to put the quote you were referring to in the blog? Or did you only put a small section of it that leaves me wondering why it offended you specifically?

Randy said...

Adam

The bold portion is the quote.